12 Steps to Your Personal Brand
These are the 12 steps in the personal branding process that we’ll follow as we define your personal brand and raise your profile through targeted audiences, the media and the Web. Click to view larger image.
- Discovery meeting — I’ll meet with you one-on-one to review your resume and talk about your personal convictions.
- Brand manifesto — Based on our interview, I’ll write a draft of your personal brand manifesto.
- Communications audit — I’ll analyze how you show up in Google search and social media.
- Strategy meeting — We’ll meet to review the draft brand manifesto and plan the next steps in the branding process.
- Media training — You’ll work with a media trainer to become comfortable in interview or public speaking situations.
- Most-wanted media list — I’ll compile a list of media to reach out to with newsworthy items to build your personal brand.
- Social networking — We’ll create or update your profiles on social networking sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Personal website — We will attempt to purchase a domain in your name for an immediate boost in Google search and will design a website to enhance your brand.
- Search engine optimization —Your website will be optimized for your name and personal brand message.
- Speaking engagements — I will seek out speaking opportunities at chambers of commerce meetings, seminars, conferences, local or national events, etc. to help promote your brand.
- Media interviews — Once your media training is complete, I will book you for interviews for print, TV, radio and online media.
- Written content — I’ll help you write articles, books, and other content to position you as an expert in your field.